Welcome to our tribute to former Boy Scout Camp Chickagami
This site will be host to many historic materials from the former Western Reserve Council camp prior to its sale.
- Browse the Patch Collection to view all of the patches from Chickagami Summer Camps and the many other events held at the camp.
- View the virtual Dining Hall to see the many plaques that once hung there before it was torn down. Did your troop retrieve your plaque(s) before the camp closed?
- Send in pictures and we will "hang" yours there as well. If your troop has a website, send that in also and we will make your plaque a link to your site.
- Check out the History section and help us build a timeline of events at Chickagami.
- Before Chickagami tells the history of the council and camps that preceded it. Your input is most appreciated here as well.
- Chickagami Today features links on what is now Chickagami Park, and information on how to camp there.
- Browse through the Photo Gallery to take a trip down memory lane, register and upload your own photos of the camp
- Help us assemble those people that contributed so much to the camp over more than half a century. In the Faces of Camp section we are trying to recompile lists and hopefully photos of the camp staff for each year as well as pictures and brief bio s of all the faces you remember.
- OA Lodges center much of their reason for existence around the care and promotion of their council camp. The Tapawingo Lodge section tells the history of the lodge that donated tens of thousands of man hours to Chickagami.
- Lastly, please take a look at the register in the Guest Register and share a favorite camp memory.
This is YOUR site. It remains alive as a tribute so long as you visit and leave your pictures, plaques, patches and memories.
Painted by Don Lancaster, former Camp Chickagami Ranger